Thursday, December 18, 2008

Time Will Tell

Once upon a time, there was an island where all the feelings lived: Happiness, Sadness, and all the others including Love. One day a horrible earthquake came and the island began to sink. All the feelings escaped by boat, all except for Love. Love was the only one who stayed. When the island was almost gone, Love asked for help. Richness passed by in a grand boat.

Love called out, "Richness, can you take me with you?"

Richness answered, "No I can't... There is a lot of gold in my boat and no room for you."

Love decided to ask Vanity who was also passing by in a beautiful vessel, "Vanity, please help me!"

"I can't help you, Love, you are all wet and will ruin my boat", Vanity answered.

Sadness was close by so Love asked for help, "Sadness, let me go with you!"

"Love, I'm so sad that I need to be by myself!"

Happiness passed by Love too, but she was so happy that she didn't even hear Love call to her!

Suddenly, there was a voice, "Come, Love, I will take you."

It was an elder! Love felt so blessed and overjoyed that he forgot to ask the elder her name. When they arrived in dry land, the elder went her own way. Love realized how much he owed the elder.
Love ran to Knowledge, another elder, he asked, "Who was that who helped me?"

"It was Time," Knowledge replied.

"Time?" asked Love, "but why did Time help me?"

Knowledge smiled and answered, "Because only Time is capable of understanding how great Love is."

No comments: