Tuesday, July 26, 2011

shot like an arrow

sitting in a coffee shop... reading the Word... God led me here:

Psalm 32:8 "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you."

Instruct and teach? Isn't that repetitive, God? I mean, don't those mean the same thing? I began to look up the original language (http://www.blueletterbible.org/) and here's what I found:

"Instruct": sakal, meaning to have insight, to be prudent and wisely understand. Got it. No surprise there.
"Teach": yarah, meaning to throw, shoot, cast, to shoot arrows. um... interesting word choice.

So apparently, God grants us insight into situations and then shoots us like arrows in the direction we should go.... Enter free will and outside circumstances....  

Will we go in the direction God is shooting us or will we let the wind blow us off course?

No comments: