Thursday, May 14, 2009

Rab-Koach

Rab-Koach, "mighty power", is the name of God I learned today.

1 Chronicles 29:11-12 (New Living Translation)

Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O Lord, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things. Wealth and honor come from you alone, for you rule over everything. Power and might are in your hand, and at your discretion people are made great and given strength.

Everything I think and do is so self-centered! I even praise God selfishly. I sing His glories, but I think how they relate back to ME and how I glory in them, and the many ways He shows His glory to ME. It's about God, but it's also about me. How can be totally self-less in my praise? How can I praise God without thinking of myself in any way? Can humans even do that? Is it even possible? Can I praise God without having an "I", "me", "us", and even a "them"?

God's power is mighty, yet we pay it no heed. We say with our words that God has all the power, but then we go out and try to control our lives and the lives of those around us. To be a true Christ-follower and a true leader of man takes a balance that many cannot achieve.


Father, help me understand Your power in a new way today. Help me see You in a new light, help me hear You speak to me clearly. Help me submit to Your leadership, to Your ultimate power.


No comments: