Thursday, July 9, 2009

God is... I am... why should I.... how can I?

Psalm 19:7-11

"The law of the LORD is perfect,
reviving the soul.
The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy,
making wise the simple.

8 The precepts of the LORD are right,
giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant,
giving light to the eyes.

9 The fear of the LORD is pure,
enduring forever.
The ordinances of the LORD are sure
and altogether righteous.

10 They are more precious than gold,
than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey,
than honey from the comb.

11 By them is your servant warned;
in keeping them there is great reward."

These verses mean so much to me right now!In God teaching me about true intimacy with Him, these verses are showing me who God is, what He wants to do with my life, how I can let Him, and why I should let Him.

What/who God is:

  • Perfect
  • trustworthy
  • right
  • clear
  • pure
  • true
What He wants to do with me:
  • revive my soul
  • make me wise
  • bring my heart joy
  • give me insight
  • give me a great reward (heaven!)

Why should I let Him do these things in me:
  • He is forever
  • He is fair
  • He is more desirable than gold
  • He is sweeter than honey
  • He warns me because He loves me
How can I allow this to happen:
  • Obedience to Him and His word
If I'm going to get more intimate with God and get to a place where I can pour into others from a never ending wellspring of His love, joy, peace, and energy, then I'm going to need to learn these things... and quickly! God knew that I would need this summer to deal with these things because when the fall hits, it's going to be too busy for me to give this the focus and attention it deserves.

On another note, I've been drawing more and more lately. It's been very therapeutic.

No comments: