Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Daily Verses: Psalm 56; 57:7-10; 59:16-17

Psalm 56 (New Living Translation)

 1 O God, have mercy on me,
      for people are hounding me.
      My foes attack me all day long.
 2 I am constantly hounded by those who slander me,
      and many are boldly attacking me.
 3 But when I am afraid,
      I will put my trust in you.
 4 I praise God for what he has promised.
      I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
      What can mere mortals do to me?

 5 They are always twisting what I say;
      they spend their days plotting to harm me.
 6 They come together to spy on me—
      watching my every step, eager to kill me.
 7 Don’t let them get away with their wickedness;
      in your anger, O God, bring them down.

 8 You keep track of all my sorrows.
      You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
      You have recorded each one in your book.

 9 My enemies will retreat when I call to you for help.
      This I know: God is on my side!
 10 I praise God for what he has promised;
      Yes, I praise the Lord for what he has promised.
 11 I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
      What can mere mortals do to me?

 12 I will fulfill my vows to you, O God,
      and will offer a sacrifice of thanks for your help.
 13 For you have rescued me from death;
      you have kept my feet from slipping.
   So now I can walk in your presence, O God,
      in your life-giving light.

Psalm 57:7-10 (New Living Translation)

 7 My heart is confident in you, O God;
      my heart is confident.
      No wonder I can sing your praises!
 8 Wake up, my heart!
      Wake up, O lyre and harp!
      I will wake the dawn with my song.
 9 I will thank you, Lord, among all the people.
      I will sing your praises among the nations.
 10 For your unfailing love is as high as the heavens.
      Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.

Psalm 59:16-17 (New Living Translation)

 16 But as for me, I will sing about your power.
      Each morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love.
   For you have been my refuge,
      a place of safety when I am in distress.
 17 O my Strength, to you I sing praises,
      for you, O God, are my refuge,
      the God who shows me unfailing love.


Claim God's love and power for yourself every morning! It's not selfish, it's self-preservation. It's love, and love wins every time!!



No comments: