Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lamentations 3:19-33

Lamentations 3:19-33 (New Living Translation)

19 The thought of my suffering and homelessness
is bitter beyond words
20 I will never forget this awful time,
as I grieve over my loss.
21 Yet I still dare to hope
when I remember this:

22 The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
His mercies never cease.
23 Great is his faithfulness;
his mercies begin afresh each morning.
24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance;
therefore, I will hope in him!”

25 The Lord is good to those who depend on him,
to those who search for him.
26 So it is good to wait quietly
for salvation from the Lord.
27 And it is good for people to submit at an early age
to the yoke of his discipline:

28 Let them sit alone in silence
beneath the Lord’s demands.
29 Let them lie face down in the dust,
for there may be hope at last.
30 Let them turn the other cheek to those who strike them
and accept the insults of their enemies.

31 For no one is abandoned
by the Lord forever.
32 Though he brings grief, he also shows compassion
because of the greatness of his unfailing love.
33 For he does not enjoy hurting people
or causing them sorrow.


Lamentations 3:19-33 (Shanna’s Personal Version)


19 Thinking back over my past, remembering my complete and utter loneliness makes me throw up my in my mouth a little bit. 20 I will never be able to wipe the memory of those feelings and how I tried to hurt myself, of all the time I spent completely useless to God. 21 And yet, I can still have hope, because I know this:


22 God’s love is always faithful and never ending! His favor will always rest on me! 23 His faithfulness to us is renewed every morning, it’s that great! 24 I say to myself, “God is my prize; my heart and my hopes are safe with Him.”


25 My God is a good shepherd, gracious to those who depend on Him, to those who are searching for Him. 26 So I will wait expectantly for Him and for my salvation. I will not try to impress Him with my knowledge or good works. It’s not like that’s going to do any good anyway. 27 I’m glad I began this journey when I was young, even though I went my own way somewhere in between now and then.


28 I’m learning to sit quietly and not talk God’s ear off; I’m learning to listen. 29 I’m realizing just how little I am; I’m learning how to humble myself before God. 30 I’m learning to be meek without being a doormat. I’m learning how to love my enemies.


31 God has never left me and never shall leave me. 32 Even through the lessons He knows I need to learn, He shows such love and compassion on me! 33 God doesn’t ever want to hurt me; it’s not in His character. He loves me, wants the best for me, and much like a parent, must teach the child for the child’s own good. I would much rather learn a lesson from a God who loves me than a cruel world who wants to kill me.


No comments: