Friday, April 17, 2009

feelings vs. facts

You know, I've been through a lot in my life. I'm 28 years old and I feel like there's not a feeling that I haven't felt. But as I process this thought, I hope it's not true. I know what I have felt thus far in my life, and much of it wasn't all that great. I've been everywhere from suicidally depressed to so happy that words actually failed me (strange thought, I know). But I know that this cannot be all there is. It just can't be!

But this I do know and what I really wanted to blog about: feelings do not change facts. I'll say it again: Feelings do not change facts. I may feel happy one day and sad the next, but that doesn't mean that God has moved away from me or that anything has changed in my relationship with Him. It just means that I'm a human female with fickle emotions.

I may feel like I'm alone, but that doesn't mean that God has gone away.
I may feel like no one loves me, but there is ample evidence to the contrary.
I may feel like scared about a situation, but doesn't mean that God's not in complete control of it.
I may feel down on myself, but that doesn't mean that I'm not still created in the wonderful image of God and He has created me a specific way for His glory.
I may feel unsure, but doesn't mean that God is not leading me by my hand.

Feelings do not change fact. Regardless of what you feel, God loves you, Jesus died for you, and wants nothing more than to have a relationship with you. And you can take that to the bank!

No comments: